The 2021 Season
Here’s a quick overview and what it means for the White Sox
We're currently in Stage 2 - Starting June 10 - Games have been scheduled in TeamSnap
Youth and adult sports are to resume with no restrictions, indoors and outdoors. This means normal practices and gameplay through the remainder of June and July for House
From the AHS website:
Sport and recreation activities
- All indoor and outdoor sport and recreation activities are permitted provincewide, including:
- team sports
- group practices or training
- games, competitions and league play
- Physical distancing is not required during gameplay or sports practice, but is required outside of play/practice.
- Spectators can attend indoor and outdoor physical activities and performances:
- 1/3 venue capacity for outdoor fixed-seated (grandstand) events
- 150 people maximum for non-fixed seated events (this limit includes spectators, athletes/performers, production teams, referees and coaches)
- 2 metres of physical distancing must be maintained at all times
Additional Baseball Alberta Gameplay + Practice Safety Recommendations
- Masking is strongly recommended for:
- If you cannot maintain physical distancing of up to 2m (eg. In the dugout)
- When engaging with players or umpires
- If you are an official working behind home plate
- When engaging with coaches or players
- When you are in the dugout
- Coaches must be in possession of a mask at all times. Umpires may insist that coaches have a mask on when approaching them.
- Players should bring their own equipment/materials, where feasible.
- For sports/activities that require shared equipment to be handled (e.g., shared baseballs), participants need to perform hand hygiene before and after the activity.
Season End Dates
House - July 17
Rep - End of Aug