Each male player is responsible for their own Athletic Support (Jock Strap) c/w cup. Each female player is responsible for their own Jill Strap. These are mandatory items for player’s safety.
Each player is responsible for their own
- Baseball Glove. It is suggested to write your name and phone number on the glove.
- pair of runners or plastic/rubber baseball cleats.
- properly fitted NSA approved batting helmet. Suggested to have the player's name identified somewhere on the helmet.
- White Baseball pants & Black socks. Recommended for Rally Cap and 9U. Required for 11U-18U. Both house teams and competitive team players.
- black baseball belt.
SWEMBA will provide a jersey for each player (11U) to use for the season. The jersey must be returned at the end of the season or a $60 uniform deposit will be assessed.
Buying your player their own bat?
Be sure to follow the Baseball Alberta Bat Regulations.
Note: 2023 Changes for 15U
- the WCBA passed a rule change affecting the bat regulations at 15UA and 15UAA. On November 26, 2022 the Baseball Alberta Board voted to align with the 15U bat regulation change to align with the WCBA. In 2023, players in 15UA and 15UAA will now be able to use a drop five (-5) aluminum or aluminum composite bat that is up to 2-¾” in diameter, during league play and Provincial Championships. This rule was adopted to better allow players to transition from drop ten (-10) bats in 13U to what was, drop three (-3) bats in 15U prior to the 2023 season. This rule change is not mandated and players are still permitted to use drop three (-3) bats measuring 2-?” in diameter. 15UAAA remains wood or wood composite only.